I ate the most delicious Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookie on Friday (turns out it’s 14 points a piece- never again!) that I was inspired to make some at home this week and enjoy as my mid-afternoon snack for my weekday meals. This recipe is really easy, and even my boyfriend who is super picky with desserts enjoyed these cookies. Something about the chocolate with the oatmeal with the brown sugar makes these cookies addictive! They are the not the healthiest recipe I could have make this week, but at only 4 points a piece, you can enjoy one with a cup of skim milk and not ruin the rest of your day.
Crispy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies”
Adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod
Ahhh. My egg rolled out of the image. Sorry about that!
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla (but an expensive one for God’s sake)
- 1 T milk (I used whole)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (mini’s would be super cute)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
3. Using a mixer, cream the sugars with the softened butter for about two minutes. Add in the egg, vanilla, and milk. Mix until smooth.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, with the mixer on low. Mix just until flour disappears. Don’t over mix.
5. Stir in the oats and chocolate chips by hand.
6. Form rounded cookie dough balls, using about 1 T of dough. Place dough balls on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat or on a non-stick. Your dough will be chunky, like this (see below).
7. Bake cookies on 2nd to upper rack for 11-12 minutes or until lightly golden around the edges. Let cookies sit on the cookie sheet for a couple of minutes to set up. Then move to a cooking rack. Makes approx. around 2 dozen cookies (I got 27, or was it 29?). Check out my dated cookie pan. I need a new one. But hey, it’s well-seasoned!
Weight Watchers PointsPlus = 4