Pasta salad is a great side dish for any event from picnics to barbeques to lunches at work. You can make any “theme” for pasta salad by using the simple base of “pasta” and then adding all of the flavors you want. In this case, I wanted to make a Greek pasta salad, but I’ve always liked the taste of zesty italian dressing. As long as you like the way your food tastes, it doesn’t matter really what you put in it. This is a super-fast pasta salad that you can bring to any pot-luck and people will love it because it’s simple and delicious!
Greek Pasta Salad
- 3/4 cup zesty Italian dressing
- Tri-color rotini, boiled
- 1/4 large red onion, cut in thin strips
- 1 roma tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 4 oz. feta cheese
1. Boil your pasta, then cool by running under cold water and drain. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine your onions cut into thin strips, tomatoes diced into chunks, and chopped up kalamata olives. Mix well.
3. Add the cooked pasta to the dish, and mix well again.
4. Add the entire container of feta cheese. DO NOT do this if the pasta is not cool enough.
5. Finally, add the 3/4 cup of zesty Italian dressing. Stir well. At this point, you could eat it, but if you leave it in the fridge for a couple of hours to let all the flavors blend, it will be twice as good. Enjoy! People will love it.
Weight watchers pointsPlus = 4 points per serving (1 cup, loosely packed)