It’s a mouthful. Both to say and eat. But it got rave reviews from the birthday girl!
This is an easy and excellent dessert for a birthday or any other occasion when you need some ice cream and cookies and rolos all in one!
The best part is that it’s super simple to make and you don’t have to worry about flavors because you can make all different kinds to suit different palates.
It was Mary’s 30th birthday not too long ago and we were going camping. I knew that lugging a big knife and cake was going to be a hassle, so I sat there and pondered.
I asked: “Are you pondering what i’m pondering Pinky?” And by Pinky I mean Jack who was supervising my kitchen endeavours from his seat on the island.
Somehow I wanted to combine an ice cream cake and candy and cookies together, as Mary’s favorite flavors are mocha (hence the dog’s name), caramel and chocolate.
Thus, the individual chocolate chip cookie, rolo, coffee ice cream cakes were born.
I can’t even begin to tell you how many different combinations of flavors I have in my head right now. Want to invite me over for a party?
I thought so.
Individual Chocolate Chip Cookie, Rolo and Coffee Ice Cream Cakes
- Your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe
- 24 Rolos, unwrapped (I know there’s a trademark here but I don’t know how to do the symbol)
- Coffee Ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 (or whatever temp your recipe calls for).
- Whip up your chocolate chip cookie dough.
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Add a tbsp of cookie dough to each cupcake liner, making sure it’s enough to cover the bottom when it bakes up.
- Put in the oven and bake 10-12, or until ALMOST done. You want it slightly under-baked in the center.
- As they come out of the oven, stick a rolo in the center of the cookie and press slightly.
- Set on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once they are COMPLETELY cooled, take your ice cream out of the freezer. Let it sit out until it gets kinda melty, about 10 minutes.
- Using an ice cream scoop, place 1 scoop of ice cream in each cupcake liner. You want to fill it to the brim. Take a knife or offset spatula and gently work it so it is pressed down evenly.
- Once filled, put it on a cookie tray in the freezer.
- After all are finished freeze for about 5-10 minutes so they harden a bit, then throw on some saran wrap. Let it sit in the freezer until ready to serve.