Muffins seem to be a favorite amongst mine and Rebecca’s breakfast staples. We like them to be filling, good for breakfast, and most important, healthy! To be totally honest, I made these because I had a “what’s in my pantry” moment and I had bananas and a new container of Old-fashioned Oats. So, why not make some delicious banana oatmeal muffins? Only 2 WW points a piece.
Low Fat Breakfast Banana Oatmeal Muffins
Ingredients (20 muffins):
- 4 bananas, ripe or not
- 1 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup uncooked old-fashioned oats
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease your muffin pan.
2. In a large bowl, smash your 4 bananas, add olive oil and the single whole egg. Combine well.
3. Once mashed, add on top the flour, cinnamon, baking soda/powder, salt, oats and packed brown sugar. The original recipe said to do wet, then dry, but I find that a lot more important with cookies.
4. In a stand mixer (or however you normally whip egg whites), combine 2 eggs worth of whites and whip until medium stiff peaks. Then, fold in 3 sections into the muffin batter.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus = 2 per muffin